When considering a health care provider who will best meet your needs, keep in mind that many midwives focus not only on maternity care, but also on the full range of a woman's health needs. Our Certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) provide care starting with a woman’s first period until after menopause, plus all the important health events in between, such as:
* General health care services
* Annual gynecologic exams
* Family planning needs
* Care during teenage years
* Care for pregnancy, labor and birth
* Menopause care
Our Certified Nurse Midwives exemplify the meaning of the word ‘Midwife’ which means “with woman” by providing care and support that reflects their deep understanding of a woman’s needs through out all phases of life. Our midwives teach, encourage, and empower women in healthcare decision making. They can provide medical supervision, care, and advice to a woman during her pregnancy, labor and postpartum period. Midwifery care includes educating and guiding an expectant mother in preventative measures during pregnancy and postpartum. A midwife must also identify abnormal conditions in a mother or baby which would indicate need of further care. A midwife is also trained and equipped to execute emergency measures in the absence of other medical help.
The Midwives Model of Care
The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth is a normal life process.
The Midwives Model of Care includes:
* Monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
* Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
* Minimizing technological interventions
* Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention the application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
fort worth birth center
fort worth birthing center