Benefits of waterbirth
* Decreases labor time
* Reduces blood pressure
* Provides significant pain relief
* Promotes relaxation
* Immersion reduces opposition to gravity and provides support to the mother
* Reduces tearing
* Birthing in the water replicates the womb- wet, warm, weightless and gentle
* Decreases adrenalin production resulting in better oxytocin and oxygen flow to the mother which increases blood supply to the uterus allowing more effective contractions.
* Water provides flexibility allowing mother to transition into various positions, assisting in baby's descent
Waterbirth in conjunction with the support of our skilled, compassionate Certified Nurse Midwives can provide many benefits during labor and delivery. The most notable benefit being significant pain relief for laboring mothers. While every labor and birth experience is unique, many mothers find warm water to be one of the most effective ways to relax during active labor. The support and buoyancy offered by water also allows mothers to easily move to different positions which aid in the baby's decent.
Babies have a reflex that prevents them from breathing before emerging from water. The waterbirth option can help you meet your goal of a natural and gentle birth experience. Waterbirth has become more popular around the world as it’s benefits have become more widely known.